BLACK DIAMOND POSITRON CARABINER - STRAIGHT
Black Diamond classic keylock carabiner available as a straight or bent gate, the Black Diamond Positron is a smooth operator for racking and placing stoppers or clipping and cleaning bolts.
HOT FORGING VS. COLD FORGING
We use two different forging methods to build carabiners—hot and cold forging. Each has its benefits and using both allows us to achieve the best possible shape, size and strength for each carabiner’s intended use.
HOT FORGING, a process where both the rod stock and forge dies are heated, allows us to “move” the metal, creating more intricate shapes, such as our GridLock and Oz biners.
- Keylock nose doesn't snag
- Smaller than Dynotron, yet easy to hold
- Weight: 49 g (1.7 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength: 25 kN (5620 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength: 8 kN (1798 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength: 8 kN (1798 lbf)
- Gate Opening: [Bent] 26 mm (1.01 in)