Personal Data Protection Policy
Your privacy is important to us. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out how Hock Gift Shop Pte Ltd complies with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).
We also want you to understand the way in which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out:
- Our policies on how we manage your Personal Data;
- the types of Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain;
- how we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data; and
- the purpose(s) for which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data.
You agree and consent to us, the Company, and our authorised service providers and third parties to collect, use and disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Personal Data Protection Policy.
From time to time, we may update this Personal Data Protection Policy to ensure that our Policy is consistent with any regulatory changes. Should any revision(s) be made to this Personal Data Protection Policy, updates will be published on our website (www.hockgiftshop.com/pdpa).
- Your Personal Data
- In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include but are not limited to:
- your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- information relating to payments, such as your bank account number or credit card information;
- information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website
- Collection of your Personal Data
- Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
- when you sign up with us for an online shopping account and/ or membership;
- when you access our websites or perform an online transaction;
- when you interact with any of our employees;
- when you submit an application to us for membership services and benefits;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you request that we contact you;
- when you respond to our promotions; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
- When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously, but please see section 6 below on cookies.
- Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to manage your online shopping account including processing and termination of your online shopping account;
- to assist you with your enquiries;
- to process payment for your membership or any other purchases and subscriptions;
- to improve membership/ customer services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- to conduct research, surveys and interviews;
- to keep you updated on our events; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Marketing/ Optional Purposes
- From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text), facsimile or social media platforms, to inform you about our membership benefits, products, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
- You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
- Please note that we may still send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service related notices.
- Disclosure of your Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data to the following group of external parties for purposes mentioned above:
- agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, mailing, information technology, payment, data processing, market research, data backup, to the Company;
- external banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
- third party reward, loyalty, privileges and co-branded programme providers;
- business partners that provides any membership services and benefits; and
- any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
- We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites.
- We make use of “cookies” to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our website(s). Such cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences.
- Such aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our website(s) so as to improve your online experience with us.
- Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the website(s).
- Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties independent of the Company. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites operated by third parties even though it is linked to our website(s).
- We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party website(s) by checking the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Protection of your Personal Data
- We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect your Personal Data unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Accuracy of your Personal Data
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by contacting us directly.
- Withdrawal of Consent
- If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Personal Data Protection Policy, you may contact us via DPO@hockgiftshop.com.
- Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue to provide online shopping account and/ or membership benefits and services to you.
- Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of any online shopping account and/ or membership that you may have with us.
- Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- You may request access to or make corrections to your Personal Data records, but the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing your request.
- Please submit your request to us through the following platforms:
- Write to our Data Protection Officer: DPO@hockgiftshop.com
- Contacting Us
- If you have any questions or complaints relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at DPO@hockgiftshop.com