KERSHAW SELECT FIRE MULTI-FUNCTION FOLDING KNIFE 3-3/8" BEAD BLAST PLAIN BLADE, GRN HANDLES (1920)
Bits + A Big Blade
Most multi-tools include a plethora of "tools," many of which are not actually very useful. Even worse, in many of these tools, the important knife blade is an afterthought - and barely useful at all. Not the Select Fire.
The Select Fire was built to be a knife-focused multi-tool. It's built around a manual opening knife blade, a knife blade that simply works and works well. For strength and edge-holding capability, the Select Fire's blade is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel and bead-blasted for an easy care, matte look. What's more, the Select Fire offers a surprisingly comfortable grip, so it's actually easy to hold as you use that big, useful blade - something most multi-tools can't say.
Designed by Grant & Gavin Hawk, the Select Fire is also a handy multi-tool. There's a 4-piece bit set, plus the bit driver. The bits, two flathead and two crosshead, are in on-board carriers that swings out to let you choose your bit, then swings back to snap into place. Black liners give it a sleek, finished look. The contoured glass-filled nylon handle is equally comfortable whether you're using the blade or the bits. The Select Fire makes a great addition to every tool and truck box. In fact, it's so handy you might want to get two.
- .25" hex drive, 2 flathead, 2 crosshead bits
- Ruler on bit drive shaft
- Manual opening
- Thumb stud
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocket clip (left/right, tip-down)
- Multifunction: Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- Liner Lock: Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife's steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Manual: There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafed, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Single-Position: The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carriers.
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, bead-blasted finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade Length: 3.4 in | 8.6 cm
- Closed Length: 4.25 in | 10.8 cm
- Overall Length: 7.6 in | 19.4 cm
- Weight: 5 oz | 141.7 g